Keep reading to find out my top 10 questions that i recommend you ask your dry hire wedding venue.
But firstly, what is a Dry Hire wedding and when you are searching your perfect wedding venue, how do you know that the venue is for ‘Dry Hire’?
Dry hire put simply is when you are booking only the shell of a venue without all the added extras such as furniture, crockery, linen……
So, essentially you will be hiring in all the extras from external suppliers. Dry hire weddings range from outdoor woodland locations, to marquees, tipis and recently an increase in rustic barns.
Its good to be aware that some dry hire venues include more ‘extras’ than other venues in their cost.
Ensure you ask plenty of questions regarding what is and is not included.
So, without further a due here are my top 10 questions i recommend you ask your dry hire wedding venue before saying ‘yes’!
- What spaces and facilities are included in the venue hire cost?
- What is the maximum capacity for guests seated and standing
- When do you have access to the venue? Specify days and times.
- Who are their recommended suppliers? Do you need to use them? Is there an additional cost for bringing in your own suppliers?
- Is staff included in cost? Security? Cleaners? Venue manager? Wedding Coordinator?
- What is included in the hire cost? Furniture? tables/chairs? Highchairs? table line? cake stands?
- Exactly which items are you allowed to bring in? E.g. party poppers? confetti? fireworks? smoke machines?sparklers? fairy lights?
- What time do all guests need to leave by?
- Is there a corkage charge for BYO alcohol?
- Who is responsible for glass bottle and rubbish disposal?
I would say though, be aware that a dry hire wedding may sound like the easiest option but logistically it can be the most demanding. Do not be afraid to call upon an expert planner to support and guide you when needed. If your budget is tight then consider hiring a wedding coordinator to take the reins from you on your wedding day. Its your special day and should be able to sit back, live in the moment, have fun and drink champagne! You can find out the services i offer here. There is something to suit everyone.
If you are unsure what level of support you would like or need, then why don’t you book in a discovery call with me? Its completely free and will last approx 30 mins. It will be lovely to hear from you and learn all about your wedding plans so far.
If you book a dry hire venue for your wedding, i can guarantee that every part of your wedding will be so different from any other wedding. The styling and decor will be a true reflection of your personality and all the extra finishing touches really will add that ‘wow’ factor to each wedding.
If you have enjoyed reading this then please do check out my other recent blog posts. Hopefully you will find them helpful with whatever stage of planning you are at.
- How do you organise a Barn wedding?
- What does a Wedding Planner do on the day?
- Top tips for creating a wedding day timeline